The Execution of Talo [CYOA]

A place to play some forums based games!

Moderator: Global Moderator

DreamyPumpkins

Re: The Execution of Talo [CYOA]

Post by DreamyPumpkins »

Also I REALLY LOVE THE STATIC
Floral

Post by Floral »

DreamyPumpkins wrote: 06 Jul 2024, 21:00
You think it you take a step back, but you are not sure.
Can I ask for clarification on what you mean if that is okay?
Oops. I meant 'you think you take a step back'.
DreamyPumpkins wrote: 06 Jul 2024, 21:03 Also I REALLY LOVE THE STATIC
THANKS! It was a really fun thing to do. 👀
DreamyPumpkins

Post by DreamyPumpkins »

Ohh gotcha!
ClefdeSoll
Administrator

Post by ClefdeSoll »

UH OH... quick, under the desk!
Floral

Post by Floral »

niasssu wrote: 05 Jul 2024, 20:33 // TALO GET UNDER THE DAMN DESK
DreamyPumpkins wrote: 06 Jul 2024, 21:00 WE SHOULD LISTEN TO THE VOICE, HIDE UNDER THE DESK. I SENSE DANGER.
ClefdeSoll wrote: 09 Jul 2024, 20:59 UH OH... quick, under the desk!
He is back, in a sense, it seems. Or many senses...
He is back, in a sense, it seems. Or many senses...
heisbackinasenseitseems.gif (1.9 MiB) Viewed 949 times

You struggle, conscious, everything is fuzzy, too much all at once. Every sensation blares in your head, blending together. Your brain is scambled, thoughts disconnected, your talons taste metal and earth, your face burning hot and cold, your eyes hearing only scribbles, your legs telling you they only see void with nothing to stand on.

But... the static has disappeared. Your simplest thoughts are no longer charged with electricity, and by narrowing your focus, blocking out sensations, you can act.

A struggle, grasping tight.
A struggle, grasping tight.
astrugglegraspingtight.gif (1.82 MiB) Viewed 949 times

You close your eyes tight, clenching your teeth and ignoring exterior sensations. You reach out a wing in the direction of the fuzzy desk you saw, but as you do, you feel a tight and unyielding grip around your wrist. And then...

[SLAM]
[SLAM]
slam.gif (1.43 MiB) Viewed 949 times

You suddenly are weightless, your body is now swimming through the air. You feel light and free. But just as suddenly, your swimming is halting, your head is slammed against a hard surface. Your wings and shoulder settle and feel similar hard surfaces. Your think your tail feels yet another, but you try to tune it all out.

-eep quiet. Don't move or-

skkkrrrrr
Oh, this...
SkKkKkKkRrRrRrRe
is...
SSSKKKKRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
worrisome...

You hear a harsh scraping sound coming from everywhere, all around you. The ground tremors as your body instinctively trieds to brace itself. Your skin prickles in fright at overwhelming sensation of death. But, just as suddenly as everything started, silence and stillness soon embraces everything.

You mind has still remained fuzzy, so you don't know how long you remain here in this state before...

The loud and sharp sickly sweet drone returns. You clench your talons, but the static does not return. But your senses begin to crowd once again at the booming voice.

I have not registered anyone visiting as of late by the name of Talo. I have consistantly remained ever vigilant of new arrivals and potential industrial espionage that they may bring.

Your senses crowd. You mind immediately turns to fuzz. All your world becomes a jumble. The booming voice you were hearing disappears completely. As you strain what you think are your ears, you can hardly make out anything at this point
Every sound is the faintest whisper.

-what does this ------ look ------ -

Inside one's own thoughts.
Inside one's own thoughts.
insideonesownthoughts.gif (1.93 MiB) Viewed 949 times

Instead of focusing on the voices causing these issues, you retreat back into your own thoughts. Your senses are jumbled, you need to forget them. You need to distract yourself. You need to think of something else, anything or anythings else. As long as it something, anything, that can keep you distracted.

What do you do?
What do you think of?
Attachments
alizardoraraptorraptor.gif
alizardoraraptorraptor.gif (34.72 KiB) Viewed 801 times
vilenessandvileness.gif
vilenessandvileness.gif (23.14 KiB) Viewed 802 times
DreamyPumpkins

Post by DreamyPumpkins »

TALO NOOOOOOO ;;;;;;
What do you do?
What do you think of?
I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO THINK UH

TALO THINK OF. SOMETHING TO GROUND YOURSELF MAYBE? Think of, your friends?
DreamyPumpkins

Post by DreamyPumpkins »

YOUR DESCRIPTION OF WHAT TALO IS GOING THROUGH IS SO INTERESTINGLY WRITTEN BTW
ClefdeSoll
Administrator

Post by ClefdeSoll »

Talooo oh god you're in a bad spot... how about thinking back on your experience with your previous death, to mentally ground/ready yourself just in case? might motivate you to fight back
Floral

Post by Floral »

DreamyPumpkins wrote: 12 Jul 2024, 18:49 TALO THINK OF. SOMETHING TO GROUND YOURSELF MAYBE? Think of, your friends?
emotion.png
emotion.png (584.27 KiB) Viewed 820 times

Why is your mind going to that of all places? You can feel yourself reflexively clenching your talons tightly, but you don't fight it. You lost every friend you made, afterall, and it is only natural to feel this burning anger at that.They are all gone, leaving you by your poor lonesome. After Kara betrayed you, after Haytian died, after Mistle disappeared, after Soro was murdered in cold blood, after everything single thing Rieyyuh has done, let alone what those unproductive and self-centered Syyio Gods have been doing to avoid any involvement.

Sure, you have companions, and you may put on a happy face among them, but 'friends' are trouble in the end and that is a good enough reason to kept distant from them.

You are alone, free to do what you please now.

You are alone! Nothing to hold you back, as you push forward.

You are all alone! Able to do what is necessary to survive and do what is needed.

You are all alone, indeed...
ClefdeSoll wrote: 15 Jul 2024, 19:01 Talooo oh god you're in a bad spot... how about thinking back on your experience with your previous death, to mentally ground/ready yourself just in case? might motivate you to fight back
sentiment.png
sentiment.png (690.34 KiB) Viewed 820 times

... All alone, just like your first visit to that dark abyss awaiting rebirth.

It was so long ago, but it is always so fresh on your mind. The pitch darkness surrounding everywhere, the endless voices calling out, the numb but everpresent feelings.

But you know this old memory of that dark abyss is not what awaits you. It awaits nobody. It is a figment of the past.

You silently choke back tears.

That day really did change everything, didn't it? The day the news broke the God of Life and Death had been finally slain, having been assassinated on that street that day, it is still as fresh on your mind as anything else...

And it was the celebration of the tenth anniversary of that day only a few days ago, wasn't it? Or maybe it was a few months ago. Such time doesn't really much to you now, and you have been too far away from civilization to keep up to date. You have been stubbornly and foolishly delving into these lost and ancient ruins where the passage of time outside means nothing, and they are simply as much of your home now as any other place in your life. You endlessly dive through them, searching and searching for who knows what, and maybe one day you will become just as lost as these ruins are and nobody will notice.

You still can't help but have your mind wander to how grand those celebration back at the wherever they held the ceberation would have been. You can only imagine how Kara and Rieyyuh would be there, and how they would have happily welcomed you back. How you could just walk among people again, and not be surrounded by constant danger and loss. How Kara there would know where all the best wonderful treats are and how those sweet and delicious those would have been on your tongue. Or how Rieyyuh would chat and talk with wisdom beyond his years, and probably even more now after all this time.

They would absolutely have to know you are still alive. They have to, so it wouldn't be that surprising, right? To just reappear one day, all fine and healthy, and to live out a peaceful life with them, to be with them again. To live out the rest of your life without worrying about these stupid ancient ruins, the creepy inhabitants, those malignant curses and lifeless robots and these disorientating mind and sensory manipulations.

The safety of the dark abyssal egg returns back to your mind. The dark and soothing depths of the water. The protective shell, that was knitting your being back together, that you so foolishly pushed through. But those red eyes were filled with interest on the determination on display. But you were not determined that day, you were frightened. The overwhelming and endless voices that echoed in your head that day still haunt you. It was so long ago, but it still repeatly goes through your mind over and over to this day. How you wish to return back to that egg, though. To be there under the watchful gaze of those soothing red eyes...

To be comforted again... to be cared for and watched over... to know there is something out there to care for you.

You want to be back in that egg, to know everything is safe. To be cry out freely among the other many needy voices without being judged...

to just live... and heal... and to thrive... and...

to be able to cry out for attention when needed...

longing.png
longing.png (610.08 KiB) Viewed 820 times

BIII-BEEEP!! BIII-BEEEEEEP!! BIIIII-BEEEEEP!!

You hear a muffled but annoying and all too vaguely familiar sound pierce through your thoughts. And you very shortly feel something poking quickly all around behind you.

BIII-BEEP!! BIII-BEEEP!! BIII-BEEP!!
Rrrrrrkkkpp.

You hear something ripping and the beeping get louder as you feel a light pressure on your body get lighter.

BIIIIIIII-BEEP!! BIII-BEEEEP!! BIIIII-BE-
There, fixed. Apologies, my Meritorious Executor. This device was returned as lost and found by a previous visitor and it still goes off from time to time. I still await the day it will be retreived.
You suppress a groan as you clench your talons more, having to be subject to this constant chatter now.

You clench your talons tighter as more static returns.

SSsSSssSSsssSskKKrRrrrRRrRkrRrRrRrrRRrrKrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

But... the stinging static eases as the rumbling scrapes disappear... the sweet and sharp drone fades. The room falls silent for a moment. You head aches. You feel your wing being nudged. You keep your eyes closed tight, embracing the quiet darkness. Before you feel another nudge. And another. And yet another.
It is okay to get out from under there now, you know? I can see your life signs still read you as conscious.
You whack the mechanical arm away as you just keep your eyes closed for another few peaceful moments. The arm does not bother you again.

You take a deep breath. Your body overall feels weird. Every sensation feel off and slightly mixed, but those mix-ups are also fading. You take another deep breath as you feel comfort in your entire body being pressed against the surrounding desk, encasing your body in its protection. You let out a gentle sigh.

You are safe, calm and back.
What do you do?
Attachments
A sweet and sharp drone.
A sweet and sharp drone.
sharpdrone.gif (36.78 KiB) Viewed 820 times
niasssu

Post by niasssu »

oh this is...
hm.
i imagine talo would want to stay in his dream, but unless he's executed soon, he's gonna have to wake up at some point.
DreamyPumpkins

Post by DreamyPumpkins »

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED BETWEEN THE TALO COMIC AND NOW?? OH MY GOD TALO NEEDS A HUG AND A NICE BLANKET. The Scaled One... is dead? That poses many questions... who slew them? What happened to Talo's friends? (I am not really expecting answers, as they are probably spoilers!!)
You are safe, calm and back.
What do you do?
UHhhhhhhh. Deep breaths... leave the desk. Ask the robot for water maybe?? IF... SAFE?

There, fixed. Apologies, my Meritorious Executor. This device was returned as lost and found by a previous visitor and it still goes off from time to time. I still await the day it will be retreived.

The reason I say if safe is -- I have a feeling this is not. The desk robot? A bit confused on it if I am being honest. But we know someone is communicating with this "Executor". And knows about Talo, and thinks he is some kind of agent?

And the upside-down text I belieeeeeve is...
I MUST CONTINUE THE HUNT FOR TALO. BE VIGILANT FOR ANY MORE VILE AGENTS.
Is this correct?
niasssu

Post by niasssu »

// heavy sigh as you force yourself back into reality.
// i can read all the text, but i feel that in the moment talo wouldn't be able to understand it.
// probably just ask for water, like pump said.
// but i imagine talo would be really suspicious of the robots after what just happened.

i think... talo needs to rest and take a break somewhere... needs love, a lot of it.
ClefdeSoll
Administrator

Post by ClefdeSoll »

oh boy all the implications happening here...!! my baby is traumatized :'( this is what happens when you don't get drawn every day in a row apparently smh

ANYWAY, take a moment to recenter yourself! And try to look around and find a way forward, I think moving along and getting out of here should help. but be careful!!