The Execution of Talo [CYOA]

A place to play some forums based games!

Moderator: Global Moderator

DreamyPumpkins

Re: The Execution of Talo [CYOA]

Post by DreamyPumpkins »

Why don't we scan the RED-EYED ROBOT as it doesn't seem to be an active threat? (That we know of.) The BESTIARY may not be completely accurate but scanning everything is safer than going in completely blind!

If it is deemed safe, we should take a photo of the room with the CAMERA! Being sure to capture the GIANT PLANTS, DIRT, and DESK with the RED-EYED ROBOT!
ClefdeSoll
Administrator

Post by ClefdeSoll »

Congrats on hitting page 2 of this thread! Now let’s see…

> turn notifications on. Theyre annoying but might make things interesting! And you wouldn’t wanna miss the hatching (I want to say hatch day is the birthday~)
> I second scanning the red eyed robot
Floral

Post by Floral »

DreamyPumpkins wrote: 04 May 2024, 13:23 Why don't we scan the RED-EYED ROBOT as it doesn't seem to be an active threat? (That we know of.) The BESTIARY may not be completely accurate but scanning everything is safer than going in completely blind!
ClefdeSoll wrote: 06 May 2024, 06:20 > turn notifications on. Theyre annoying but might make things interesting! And you wouldn’t wanna miss the hatching (I want to say hatch day is the birthday~)
> I second scanning the red eyed robot
You pull out your EVER-IMPORTANT ADVENTURING TABLET, which was still on the COMPet app, you quickly accept the notifications and pull up the scanner and point it at the robot.
The Forlorn Ruins Where Life Inhabits
The Forlorn Ruins Where Life Inhabits
theforlornruinswherelifeinhabits.png (194.29 KiB) Viewed 1726 times
As you scan the robot, you begin to read off the Bestiary that this is a REYECEPTION Model-77320a. It is recorded as a STURDY AND GENERALLY-PASSIVE WORKERBOT. These robots are the ones that adventurers tend to find in working condition, given their resilence with the intent to work indefinitely. They TEND TO LACK COMBAT CAPABILITY, though they are RESILIENT AND STURDY. There is SOME LISTED RECORDS OF COMBAT in a few cases, and it seems fighting one-on-one is easy but tiring. Fighting groups of them or being flanked by them is where many dangers see-
Red-Eyed Bot wrote:01 Jan 100000, 05:59 Greetings, visitor. Welcome to Image.
You jolt as you are suddenly addressed by the robot, but the last word is like HARSH STATIC in your mind, but it continues to address you. It's red eyes seem focused on your tablet.
The Routine Dweller
The Routine Dweller
theroutinedweller.png (77.56 KiB) Viewed 1726 times
Red-Eyed Bot wrote:01 Jan 100000, 05:59 I am required to inform you that in efforts to completely eliminate the vile scourge that has been corporate espionage, any and all photography or video is prohibited within any governmental property as ordered by the honourable Logotecne himself. As a newly-logged visitor who has not seemed to visit this facility before, I am permitted to give a warning in this case. You are fully obligated to delete any video you may have taken within the premises and stow the device away. Any further acts of violations I witness will be written down and later processed. These records will eventually reach the head of this facility, the position granted to them by the reputable Grand Security Commission.

You are obligated to ensure the permanent deletion of any violating material on your device and to stow it on your person. After this is done, I may provide helpful services such as: providing approved and verified information to visitors of this facility, providing back-and-forth in all manners of conversation from large to small talk with organic life in efforts to ensure the wellbeing of guests and quell needless curiousity a visitor may have, or even providing up-to-date news about many topics of interests that guests normally find themselves inquiring about, or even booking for a meeting with the head of the facility itself if an opening is available. The possibility are endless.
The red eyes on the robot do not leave the tablet you are holding as it reaches the conclusion of this spiel.
Attachments
Hmm... its supposed meaning is something akin to 'the' Facility, is it not?
Hmm... its supposed meaning is something akin to 'the' Facility, is it not?
harsh static fills your ears.gif (2.41 KiB) Viewed 1664 times
ClefdeSoll
Administrator

Post by ClefdeSoll »

Better not anger this robot… it looks done with its life and that’s never a good sign, along with its listed description. Let’s delete the photos and videos we took and ask if there is a way to leave this place once it feels like talking!
niasssu

Post by niasssu »

// Delete any and all pictures/videos we took and put the tablet away, as necessary to comply with the rules. (make sure to empty the recycle bin too)
// I'd also ask some questions about who this "honourable Logotecne" is.
DreamyPumpkins

Post by DreamyPumpkins »

This robot seems to not be a threat currently...!

Greet the robot and ask it how it's been and ask who Logotecne is! Is my suggestion.
Floral

Post by Floral »

ClefdeSoll wrote: 07 May 2024, 06:19 Better not anger this robot… it looks done with its life and that’s never a good sign, along with its listed description.
DreamyPumpkins wrote: 08 May 2024, 14:24 This robot seems to not be a threat currently...!
It is just a corporate drone, there wasn't much of a life for it to intially look forward to here? But it does indeed seem a lot more passive than other robots, which other bots should have already gone on the defensive immediately.
ClefdeSoll wrote: 07 May 2024, 06:19 Let’s delete the photos and videos we took
niasssu wrote: 08 May 2024, 07:23 // Delete any and all pictures/videos we took and put the tablet away, as necessary to comply with the rules. (make sure to empty the recycle bin too)
You never took a single picture nor video since you stepped foot into this place. This robot was just assuming falsely that you have been doing that, and in its false idea it is now making demands.
A look, a view<br />a sidelong glance
A look, a view
a sidelong glance
alookaview.png (83.3 KiB) Viewed 1577 times
niasssu wrote: 08 May 2024, 07:23 // I'd also ask some questions about who this "honourable Logotecne" is.
DreamyPumpkins wrote: 08 May 2024, 14:24 Greet the robot and ask it how it's been and ask who Logotecne is! Is my suggestion.
You look at the robot and back at the EVER-IMPORTANT ADVENTURING TABLET and then decide to pretend to delete some stuff as you consider what to do.
Compliant, even to nothing.
Compliant, even to nothing.
complianteventonothing.gif (69.43 KiB) Viewed 1577 times
You know this robot will likely feed you some propaganda, but this isn't at all unexpected. In fact, ruins from this era frequently have surviving robots who talk about their corporate oligarchic rulers, who are then lauded for being 'elected' into such important positions of power. From what other adventurers and historians have pieced together, the Logotecne is essentially the head of this whole massive cutthroat, technocratic and nepotistic consortium, where only a small handful of prominent and important families are even allowed to even be considered for the role. But that time is long past and buried in ruins like these.

With a final tap and a sigh, you place the tablet into your backpack, and begin to speak with the robot again. The robot seems to let out an audiable sigh as you do.

There. I deleted all the videos and pictures like you asked. My apologies for not following local protocols.

The robot seems to visibly relax as its shoulder and arm droop.

That is satisfactory. Now there is no need to worry about those records reaching my superiors, since the current conditions would reflect poorly on my performance record. It is ever so unpleasant that those SENTREYE bots always seem to upstage proper workers like myself and get all the praise when most the time they are inactive and waiting for orders. Sure, they do an important service in protecting the needs of the Logotecne and the security of the whole nation, but surely a humble worker could get a promotion or small recognition now and again.

The robot seems to be about to continue a rant when you quickly decide to interject.

Speaking of... Are you able to tell a new visitor like me more about the current Logotecne?

The robot blinks as it considers the question, seemingly trying to process the request.

It then proceeds to RESUME TALKING ENDLESSLY soon after.
It continues and continues and continues....
It continues and continues and continues....
itcontinuesandcontinues.png (241.53 KiB) Viewed 1577 times

The current Logotecne is one Doctor Corthe Yil, of the prestigous Yil Pharmaceuticals. They are renowned nationwide for numerous medicinal and health sciences-related breakthroughs and innovations that have completely revolutionized the field as we knew it. I hope you understand that these breakthroughs are strictly proprietary and are not to be discussed in-depth with visitors due to the potential threat that this information may present. This information reaching outsiders may inadvertently undercut the Logotecne's own surperior products by flooding the market with low-quality and low-cost derivatives were the outsiders themselves to try to produce their own products based on these breakthroughs. They are some absolute marvels that would completely upheave the current status-quo of underdeveloped areas like...

You tune out the robot as you consider what you just heard. So the rumours of the ANCIENT SECRETS you were looking for are indeed true. This is a good start, to be able to confirm such rumours could be true.

As the robot continues to ramble on, what do you wish to do?
Attachments
A diligent worker to the end.
A diligent worker to the end.
RoboticFollowthrough.png (1.55 KiB) Viewed 1577 times
Is this curiousity true or just a diversion?
Is this curiousity true or just a diversion?
InquisitiveAsWell.png (928 Bytes) Viewed 1577 times
Hmm....
Hmm....
FrustrationHmmmmm.png (1.14 KiB) Viewed 1577 times
niasssu

Post by niasssu »

// Hm.. I'd wonder if there's a way out, but I'm also curious to try and explore deeper...
Floral

Post by Floral »

(Oops. Forgot to respond to Chris's post. So now we get a bonus post, too!)
ClefdeSoll wrote: 07 May 2024, 06:19ask if there is a way to leave this place once it feels like talking!
niasssu wrote: 19 May 2024, 05:48 // Hm.. I'd wonder if there's a way out
You don't know why you have suddenly been getting cold feet now. You know you need to find these ANCIENT SECRETS, and neither ME nor SECURITEYE BOTS nor anything else is going to stop you. You are determined to see this through.

Returning empty-handed is not an option you wish to consider. But why has it been so tempting lately?
A dedicated goal and destination. <br />One worth risking one's own existence for.
A dedicated goal and destination.
One worth risking one's own existence for.
adedicatedgoalanddestination.png (85.19 KiB) Viewed 1552 times
niasssu

Post by niasssu »

// alright can we get like a general map of where we are or somehting and go about our business?
// or maybe just look to see if there are any ways out of the room besides where we entered from?
DreamyPumpkins

Post by DreamyPumpkins »

I agree with Nia, ask for a map! Maybe ask if there is any rooms we should see?
ClefdeSoll
Administrator

Post by ClefdeSoll »

Ignore the robot and explore the room! There were stacks of paper, can we check that out?
Floral

Post by Floral »

niasssu wrote: 19 May 2024, 14:19 // or maybe just look to see if there are any ways out of the room besides where we entered from?
ClefdeSoll wrote: 19 May 2024, 23:15 Ignore the robot and explore the room! There were stacks of paper, can we check that out?
Opting to avoid the chatter robot for the time being, you look around and see a lot DIRT, VINES and PILES OF PAPERS. The only entrance was the DARK PORTAL you seemed to have came in from. You walk up to the PAPER-FILLED CORNER past the RECEPTION DESK.
Useless piles of papers, it seems. Long needless and unnecessary.
Useless piles of papers, it seems. Long needless and unnecessary.
uselesspilesofpapersitseems.png (407.51 KiB) Viewed 1250 times
As you flip through the papers, most seemed to be damp and crumble if you accidently grab it just barely too roughly in your talons. There seems to be a lot of combination of symbols representing dates, with seemingly regular schedules, but it also seems that most of the papers only seem to just list names, sometimes with small, personal observations next to them. But most of these papers seem to be blank besides dates, going back through the piles.

It seems that this 'Facility' had been logging visitors for a long while, but given the DAMP AND SATURATED nature of all these papers and how overgrown plants are over them, this REYECEPTION bot probably has not actually done any recent visitor logs nor had visitors in a long, long while, which makes sense for these are ruins.
niasssu wrote: 19 May 2024, 14:19 // alright can we get like a general map of where we are or somehting and go about our business?
DreamyPumpkins wrote: 19 May 2024, 22:00 I agree with Nia, ask for a map! Maybe ask if there is any rooms we should see?
You sigh, thinking that it is necessary that you will speak with the robot again if you wish to get some information. Then, after waiting a moment, you call out and address the robot.
A proper spy would probably know what they are getting into, wouldn't they?
A proper spy would probably know what they are getting into, wouldn't they?
aproperspywouldprobablyknowwhttheyaregettinginto.png (273.45 KiB) Viewed 1250 times

Hey. Would you happen to have a map of this facility visitors to this place?

-evival is a strictly profitable venture afteral-.Oh. My apologies for not recognizing the change in topic sooner. We do have portable holographic maps available to visitors within here, but we are required to ascertain the reasoning behind the desire to acquire such a valuable resource. Is the reasoning behind acquiring it for purposes of replication of the technology and/or the vile scourge that is corporate espionage?

No, I just wish to be able to know the location of the closest restrooms in case it becomes an issue at any point.

You lie through your teeth, but the robot simply stares at you for a few moments before it opens a nearby drawer filled with yellow discs, and pulls one out and moves the robotic hand in your direction.

Reasoning valid, map distribution officially approvable. I'll proceed to give you a rundown of how to operate the device and key areas and symbols to note in the utilization of such a device. Take it and I will guide you through how to use it.

You take a step forward as well and reach out for the disc.
A hand over.
A hand over.
ahandover.png (455.04 KiB) Viewed 1250 times
As the robot is about to drop it into your talons -

HARSH STATIC immediately fills your head, overwhelming your senses. A sickly sweet yet sharp drone reverberates though the air. You think you take a step back, but you are not sure. Your mind is fuzzy, every single perception feels like crackling electricity aiming to fry every single strand of thought you have.
[HARSH STATIC ENVELOPS ALL YOUR THOUGHTS.]
[HARSH STATIC ENVELOPS ALL YOUR THOUGHTS.]
[staticfillsyourhead].gif (1.52 MiB) Viewed 1250 times
Every single thought threatens to your being, though you are not even sure what your being is at the moment. Are you standing or on the ground? Conscious or unconscious? Living or on your way to your former friend? The only answer to any of these is a overwhelming static sensation.

You try to reach and grasp tight, but nothing comes. You are not even sure you still have wings, or if you ever will again.

But every sensation soon rebounds backs. The cold tile beneath tile beneath your knees and chin. The damp moisture on your face and talons. The pitch blackness of your eyes squinted shut. The pungent earth scent filling your nostrils. The urgent mechanical voice assaulting your ears.

-ckly, get under the desk!

What do you do?
Attachments
sicklysweetandsharpdrone.gif
sicklysweetandsharpdrone.gif (169.81 KiB) Viewed 1086 times
niasssu

Post by niasssu »

// TALO GET UNDER THE DAMN DESK
DreamyPumpkins

Post by DreamyPumpkins »

You think it you take a step back, but you are not sure.
Can I ask for clarification on what you mean if that is okay?
-ckly, get under the desk!
WE SHOULD LISTEN TO THE VOICE, HIDE UNDER THE DESK. I SENSE DANGER.