I want to make a YQ OC, but I'm not sure how to go about it

Come over here to ramble about worldbuilding or whatever you are working on at the moment and get people's opinion. Rambling encouraged!

Moderator: Global Moderator

niasssu

I want to make a YQ OC, but I'm not sure how to go about it

Post by niasssu »

Title says it all tbh.
ClefdeSoll
Administrator

Re: I want to make a YQ OC, but I'm not sure how to go about it

Post by ClefdeSoll »

Hi sorry I missed this!

I know I've already shared this thread with you, and there's some notes here and there but I really have to work on better resources so they unfortunately don't really exist at the moment.

tbh the best way to go about it is to work out a character and then make them fit the universe. If you've got any specific question, ask them here and I'll write something up, be it about a Clan or something else :3

Thanks for the interest!!
niasssu

Post by niasssu »

ah, I see...
I don't really use my characters outside of drawing them or translating them to other systems tbh. I want to write a story with their original stuffs one day but I'm rly not sure what to make it abt.
I have a shitoka, could prolly make it like a misha/mao foxxo with minor weather manipulation stuff I guess. wonder if that'd even work or if i should try smth else.

anyway yea the (e^ix)um system just looks complicated and there's prolly way too many categorization shenanigans
niasssu

Post by niasssu »

ClefdeSoll wrote: If you've got any specific question, ask them here and I'll write something up, be it about a Clan or something else :3
How do the Clans and Affinities work? I could probably just make something up for the Aptitude, so I'm not worried about that.

And what are the sliders at the top for, on the status screens?
DreamyPumpkins

Post by DreamyPumpkins »

You can do pretty much anything, Cisum is super flexible of a setting for making fan OCs! What I can say is for my Cisum character, (Cisumian) Carrion, I basically took a pre-existing character and altered her design and abilities to better fit with the Darkness Clan while adding something unique. The affinities are Darkness/Crystal. (Which was most fitting as she has shadow magic in her non-cisum version so figured would fit there the best. And the crystals sounded really interesting to me and considering they are humanoid (as in an anthropomorphic wolf person), having a metals clan connection might be interesting!) Maybe that could help give an idea?
niasssu wrote: I have a shitoka, could prolly make it like a misha/mao foxxo with minor weather manipulation stuff I guess. wonder if that'd even work or if i should try smth else.
What do you mean by misha/mao foxxo? Also weather manipulation sounds so very cool! If Hurricane can use weather magic it should be possible! I think?
The stars align
DreamyPumpkins

Post by DreamyPumpkins »

I would like ramble more but I do forget some of the details and I am having some trouble thinking at the moment. SO I hope I made sense and everything.
The stars align
niasssu

Post by niasssu »

DreamyPumpkins wrote:What do you mean by misha/mao foxxo?
i was (and still am) stupid and decided to relate her to someone that already exists in-story.
DreamyPumpkins wrote: Also weather manipulation sounds so very cool! If Hurricane can use weather magic it should be possible! I think?
it's a thing the species does in the source world, but they don't do it often.
DreamyPumpkins wrote: The affinities are Darkness/Crystal.
how is crystal an element???
ClefdeSoll
Administrator

Post by ClefdeSoll »

niasssu wrote:
DreamyPumpkins wrote: The affinities are Darkness/Crystal.
how is crystal an element???
I’m working on importing and building on the list of elements we had pinned on the server for a very long time, you can now find it here. I was hoping to have this fully filled in today but it falls under way more work than I estimated, whoops.
Last edited by ClefdeSoll on 29 Jan 2024, 07:08, edited 1 time in total.